Before I paint a landscape, I feel the landscape. I am not a desert person, no doubt about it. However, that's on my plate right now-- sand, cacti, yellow, dry air... I would not have known what dry air is till I went beyond the end of the desert and felt the humid air. Sometimes back and forth, comparing and contrasting, in time. I understood then why people reacted so fussily in regards to the type of air. Most of them like dry air, and loathe the humid one. But I feel that dry air is no feel at all, while it's still harsh on the skin. The sun is scorching in the desert and you miss the breath of the foliage. If the sun is not hurting you, then the dusty wind will... Because its vegetation is scarce, the desert lets you see far and beyond. So, a perception of the vastness of the land kicks in. You feel yourself so small. This is not necessarily bad because it's true. In the desert the landscape is hazy and it helps you ...
Comments
Post a Comment